What Is Trending In 2018 Concerning Web Development?
At the beginning of the year, every developer should update the next steps in technology!
First Joice – Trends in Web Development 2018
I think, one of the most significant updates in 2018 is the browser support of CSS Grid!
When I implemented a prototype of a single page application in August 2017 I started to use CSS Grid for the first time and unfortunately I had to fall back to the Bootstrap 4 framework, as the browser support was still weak.
By the end of 2017 lots of tutorials started to appear on Youtube about colleagues who are implementing CSS Grid successfully and I hope it is time now for a change in the implementation of Web Design elements on the internet.
You should definitely look into this!
Affiliate Marketing is the trend of the future, so I scanned the market for available solutions to integrate with popular platforms.
For Magento people recommend MAGESTORE.
• POST Affiliate Pro
Subscribe to receive my constant free updates about the progress and opportunities of the online markets.
Standards in 2018
As a full-stack web developer, I recommend looking into the following technologies!
HTML5 / Css3 (specially CSS-Grid but also animations) are the basis!
• ReactJS by Facebook keeps running the game!
• Angular by Google is widely used in the professional environment
(stable release V6 announced for April/Mai 2018)
Personally, I like D3.js (Data-Driven Documents based on SVG) for graphic charts.
Languages & Frameworks
• Node.js and the MEAN Stack are still gaining popularity while many companies are heading back to Relative Databases
• Python is established and pushing forward
• PHP stays stable in the CMS world (I personally use the Symfony framework to integrate with Drupal 8)
• Java widely used in the enterprise world
• MongoDB is gaining popularity especially for single page applications (SPA)
• MySQL is running the game in the CMS world and gets traction back through cloud providers
• Oracle widely used in the enterprise world
• WordPress is running the game in the marketing world
• Drupal 8 is stable and many upgrades from version 7 are pending
(Joomla is more and more falling behind)
• Shopify is the editors joyce due to its possibility to handle delivery by Amazon FBA
• Magento 2 is established and upgrades from old versions are pending
• WordPress WooCommerce
• Drupal 8 Commerce
I hope this helps to get an overview!
Enjoy hacking in 2018!!